Wondering of exciting things to do in Meteora?
Then this awe-inspiring hiking and scramble adventure of the Great Saint will surely boost your adrenaline!
We will take you up on the tallest of all Meteora rocks, approximately 400 meters above Kalampaka town, through an ancient winding path up on the rock of Great Saint, a huge rock complex which thousands of years ago, was an integral part of the ancient fortifications of the town below. During the middle ages the same pathway served the monks who lived in the currently ruined small monastery of Twelve Apostles. Enjoy unparalleled breath-taking views that you will remember forever! A magnificent World Heritage Site available for exploration with just one click!
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- We would recommend to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera, hat, sunscreen, comfortable casual clothing, weatherproof shell jacket, sunglasses, water (at least 1 liter per person), lunch and snacks, backpack to carry everything
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- Walking Time 3 hours, walking distance 3,5 km
- This activity is not recommended for Children under 8 years old