Thrilling Sea kayaking cannot only be found at the famous fjords but also at a warmer environment where the sun will warm you up during early spring and autumn. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the coast and knowledge that you will visit inaccessible beaches. The Donkey Islands, also known as the Drenia Islands, are constituted of 6 beautiful small islands filled with incredible sandy beaches on a picturesque ‘’Greek summer’’ setting. Only one of them is inhabited. The Donkey Islands are an oasis of 6 spots of land placed upon the vast big blue of the world-renowned Greek seas. Their folklore name is attributed to the legend that locals used to bring their very old donkeys to the islands in order for the animals to die in a magnificent setting.
Near the Monasterial borders & Mountain Athos (2,033m) the activity starts with a small introduction about the trip, about the equipment, about difficulty and duration.
- Paddling near Mt Athos & the Monasteries
- Exploring rock gardens, huge cliffs, secluded coves, deserted beaches
- Make crossings to the smaller islands
- Snorkeling around the islands
- Visit precious small islands and remote beaches
- We advise you bring a couple of lightweight dry bags of various sizes to secure personal items and spare clothing etc.
- The route we follow is subject to weather conditions which we take into great consideration
- Difficulty is subject to group’s level. We always follow the pace of the less strong person.
- Dry bags (keep wallets, phones, personal items dry) will be provided.
- Dry clothes can stay safe with us waiting for you at the finish line
- Light clothes will be needed during the activity and a light Jacket handy just in case