Visit Delphi – one of the most important archaeological sites in Greek history – on this full-day trip from Athens! Travel with us to explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, home to the Temple of Apollo, and stroll around Delphi archaeological Museum. Learn all about Greek mythology and history while seeing fascinating monuments, and visit the pretty village of Arachova on the journey back to Athens.
- Full-day tour to Delphi from Athens
- Visit the archaeological site, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See incredible monuments from Ancient Greece like the Temple of Apollo
- Explore the sites archaeological Museum and see the Charioteer of Delphi
- Stop in the pretty village of Arachova on the journey back to Athens
We leave from Athens in the morning and head towards the village of Delphi, up in the mountain of Parnassus. The elite ancient Greeks would come to the sanctuary to get the prophecies of the famous oracle of Pythia. It was regarded as the centre of the world and was for many centuries the cultural and religious centre of ancient Greece. We visit the archaeological site, exploring the sanctuary of Apollo, the tholos of Athena Pronaia, the stadium, the gymnasium and the theatre of the stunning site. From there we head to Arachova, where we wander through the picturesque alleys and traditional cafés of the village and have lunch in a traditional taverna in the village.