Don’t have the time to go on a weekly sailing tour, but you still want to explore those secret island beaches, accessible only by boat? Our 2day sailing tour from Athens is your ideal choice!
Join us on board and enjoy a fantastic sailing adventure in the crystal clear waters of the Saronic Gulf… Swim and snorkel in the turquoise waters of Moni and Agkistri islands, discover the significant history of Aegina island, visit the Temple of Aphaea, enjoy delicious snacks and meals on board, prepared by our crew and…last, but not least, have fun in one of Aegina’s charming bars alongside the port!
This is a unique sailing escape from the city, ideal for those of you willing to discover Athens nearby treasures beyond the ordinary way… You, your family, couple or friends are our special guests. Recline on deck and soak up the sun and dazzling sea views or get active and enjoy swimming, walking and of course sailing… It’s up to you!
- Sail to 2 beautiful islands in the Saronic Gulf
- Enjoy swimming and snorkeling in the crystal – clear waters of the uninhabited Moni island
- Taste the world renowned pistachios in Aegina island
- Visit the temple of Aphaea, built in 500 BC and the monastery of Saint Nektarios, one of the largest in the Balkans
- Hike in the abandoned ghost town of Paleochora and explore its numerous Byzantine churches
- Taste fresh seafood and other local delicacies on board
- Swim in Agkistri island, the closest to Athens natural paradise
- Sit back and relax as your captain sails your boat through the Aegean Sea
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Athens – Moni island – Aegina island
Welcome aboard! We will pick you up from your hotel at about 8:00am the first day and take you by private transfer to the marina where the yacht is located. Once you meet your tour guide and your travel companions, we’ll take you for a boat tour with all the necessary instructions you need to know. After you settle in your cabins, we will set sail to our first destination, Aegina Island, famous for its pistachios.
On our way there, we’ll make a stop at the tiny uninhabited island of Moni. Once there, you will enjoy swimming & snorkeling in the turquoise crystal clear waters or go hiking through its pristine pine forest and come across beautiful deer and peacocks! You can also enjoy a coffee or ouzo (Greek aperitif) at the only tavern in the island, while we will prepare a delicious lunch meal for you!
In the afternoon, we will reach the port of Aegina. Once there, we will take you on an exciting inland tour, so you can explore some of Aegina’s hidden gems! We will first visit the temple of Aphaea, located on a pine – clad hill at the northeast side of the island. It is the most important monument in the sanctuary of Aphaea, dating back to 500 BC. Our next stop is the impressive Monastery of Saint Nektarios, one of the biggest in the Balkans. Behind the monastery lies the island’s Mystras and also former capital, Paleachora. We will follow the hiking trails to explore this abandoned “ghost town” with its numerous byzantine churches and enjoy the panoramic views over the Saronic Gulf.
After approx. 2.5 hours we will be back at the port of Aegina. You are free to visit Aegina town, walk through its alleys with the charming shops or alongside the picturesque port, admire the beautiful neoclassical buildings and enjoy dinner in one of the numerous restaurants along the port. If you are up to, there are various charming bars where you can have some drinks and even dance in the rhythm of the DJs!
Tips: do not forget to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables from the floating groceries(traditional boats in the port selling fruits & vegetables), which you can enjoy on board and of course, fresh raw plain or roasted local pistachios!
Day 2:Aegina – Dorousa island – Agkristri island – Athens
The second day, after enjoying breakfast on board, we will sail away to the small verdant island of Agkistri, known as the closest to Athens natural paradise. We’ll enjoy the rest of our day diving from the boat, swimming and relaxing in this pristine landscape. We can also anchor at the magnificent uninhabited island of Dorousa, where you can discover, while snorkeling or diving, the shipwreck of the 79m long Avantis III, lying at 18m depth!
Lunch on board, before we take our way back to Athens, which we’ll reach early in the evening (around 20:00pm)
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- Being as light as possible is always important on an adventure tour plus space is limited on board a sailing boat so, our travellers are expected to bring with them a backpack or suitcase as well as a daypack for personal items and valuables.
- We strongly advise you to have a valid Personal Travel & Health Insurance and bring your personal medication, sunscreen, insect repellent, travel sickness tablets, sunglasses, a camera, a hat, insect bite gel.
- We would recommend you for Clothing/walking/swimming gear to bring with you fleece/softshell, jacket, waterproof & windproof jacket, sun, hat, long trousers (wearing shorts is not permitted in monasteries and churches), shorts, swimming costume, extra towel for swimming, t-shirts, hooded tops, trainers/walking shoes, waterproof hiking shoes/boots, personal mattress or a sleeping bag (should you choose to sleep on the yacht’s sundeck), torch, umbrella, snorkelling mask and fins.
- Single occupancy with extra charge 120 euro per person (in case of interest please send email from contact us section or here)