This rail tour to Meteora and Delphi in Northern Greece is a spectacular experience!
This rail tour gives individual travelers the chance to visit 2 of the most important sites of mainland Greece, Meteora and Delphi, hassle-free! Use public transportation, a combination of train, bus and taxi to reach those 2 Greek mainland destinations from Athens and back in the most efficient way, without resorting on endless searches on train or bus schedules. Seize the chance and join this tour to enjoy spectacular views of unique landscapes, visit monuments of great historical importance and save money and time.
- Byzantine Monasteries
- UNESCO World Heritage monuments
- Archaeological site of Delphi
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Meteora
Catch the morning train to Kalambaka at 08:27am from Athens ‘Larissa’ Railway Station. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, at around 13:30, our English speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. Late afternoon the VIP mini bus will pick you up from the hotel to join our ‘Meteora Sunset Tour‘. Admire breathtaking views of Meteora and discover the hidden gems of this place in one of the best tours of Mainland Greece.
Day 2: Meteora
For the next morning you may choose the activity you wish to do: the ‘Half-Day morning Tour of Meteora’ to see the main attractions, the monasteries of Meteora with a VIP minibus or the ‘Hiking Tour of Meteora’. Experience amazing sceneries and visit monuments of the Byzantine period, the monasteries of Meteora. After this morning tour, at around 13:00, the bus will drop you back to your hotel. The evening is free for you to explore the area on your own.
Day 3: Delphi and Return for Athens
Early in the morning a taxi will pick up from the hotel to take you to the train station. At 05:32 the train departs and arrives at Livadia station at around 09:00. There, an English-speaking taxi driver holding a signboard with your name will wait to transfer you to Delphi. Delphi is roughly an hour drive away from Livadia, so you will arrive at the archeological site at around 10:00 where you can spend many hours exploring the ancient oracle, the museum and the small town. At 16:00 you’ll take the bus back to Athens. It takes around 2 hours to reach the capital of Greece from Delphi.
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- In the morning tour, you can choose to take your luggage with you to be dropped-off later at the end of the tour in the town of Kalambaka.
- At our local office, we offer safe storage for your luggage until train’s departure time.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- You are encouraged to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera, hat, sunscreen, comfortable casual clothing, weatherproof shell jacket, sunglasses, water (at least 1 liter per person), lunch and snacks, backpack to carry everything