This two days rail tour to Meteora gives individual travelers the chance to discover the beauty and the history of a unique geological phenomenon and the Byzantine Monasteries, listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments. Don’t regret missing the opportunity during your stay in Athens to discover the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries. Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way. Catch the morning train to Kalambaka at 08:27 am from Athens ‘Larissa’ Railway Station. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, at around 13:30, our English speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station holding a signboard with your name and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For three hours you will have the time to explore at least two or three Monasteries. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. At the end of the day, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to scroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At around 17:00 our driver will pick you up to transfer you to the train station. At 17:22 pm the train departs from Kalambaka and arrives back to Athens at 22:15.
- UNESCO World Heritage monuments
- Byzantine Monasteries
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- You are encouraged to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera, hat, sunscreen, comfortable casual clothing, weatherproof shell jacket, sunglasses, water (at least 1 liter per person), lunch and snacks, backpack to carry everything