There are numerous things to do at Meteora: from hiking, climbing to simply visiting the most important cultural spots of this amazing site.
Discover the natural beauty and explore the cultural heritage of Meteora through the eyes and the narrative of a local.
During this tour, we will visit 3 main monasteries and take you back to the dark ages and the story of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of what later became the monastic community of Meteora.
Learn which monastery was the first to be established and the true motivations behind the monks’ decision to try to climb the steep rocks of Meteora and build the monasteries there.
At the end of our journey we will take you to the most beautiful spots for amazing views and photos.
Important Tips & things to know
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- We would recommend to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera hat, sunscreen
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- Travel bite combines a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- Walking Time 1 hour