The gorge is home to a large colony of Griffon vultures, magnificent and huge birds of prey which you are sure to see on this gentle walk. Our INFORMATIVE GUIDE will lead the way through tranquil scenery showing you two beautiful old churches one with 13th century frescoes. A delicious Cretan meal follows at an excellent traditional taverna.
- Easy shady walk
- Panoramic views and tranquil surroundings
- Unique flora and fauna – Griffon vultures
- Ancient churches and frescoes
- Excellent taverna meal included
- Magnificent gorge without the crowds
Beginning from the meeting points we go through a scenic route to the Deliana gorge entrance where we begin the guided Deliana gorge walk towards the village of Deliana. Lunch or Dinner (depending on the time of year) at a Kissamos seaside promenade restaurant in the end.
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- We would recommend to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera, a hat, sunscreen