This is a call to become part of the primitive and challenging life of Cretan shepherds on Lefka Ori Mountain, where shepherds live and produce cheese following the same techniques from hundreds of years ago.
- Have an off-road adventure to a shepherd’s hut
- Drive through olive, orange and lemon groves and spend time in a picturesque village
- Discover Cretan cuisine, history and culture
Expert drivers will take you through olive, orange and lemon groves. A few minutes later the urban landscape is far away!
Venizelos Gorge: Our first stop, is in that amazing gorge. Admire and take plenty of photos of wild landscape nature.
Therisso: A picturesque village, a turning point in the local history. The Cretan revolution started right here, in 1905!
Shepherd’s Hut: Things are getting more and more adventurous in our Jeep Safari tour. An off road route is a challenge worth’s living. Half an hour later we reach the shepherd’s hut the traditional “Mitato”, where shepherds live and produce cheese following hundred years old techniques.
Therisso: Lunch time! Taste Greek cuisine, wine and hospitality.
Vatolakos: In our last stop we visit a nice small museum, which was an olive mill in the 19th century. Driving through olive, orange and lemon groves again we will be back to the starting point.
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- We would recommend to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera, hat, sunscreen, comfortable casual clothing, sunglasses.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from car sickness, fear of heights or bumpy roads, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 8 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a Jeep tour