Explore a cave that dates back to the 10th century with this amazing hiking tour.
So get your climbing shoes ready to explore one of the most stunning sites in the world and enjoy breathtaking views.
The rock of Aghio Pnevma (Holy Spirit) is located in the middle of the valley that extends from the village of Kastraki towards the vast rock complex of Meteora.
On its top a plateau is formed, where a chapel dedicated to the Holy Spirit was once erected.
This tiny monastery was the oldest one in the region of Meteora, dating to the 10th century.
The long-shaped cave on the side of the main road where scaffolding is still visible and indicates the spot that served as a prison where the monks were expelled. The view from the top is absolutely breath-taking.
Religious ceremonies are often held on the rock of Aghio Pnevma.
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- We would recommend to bring with you good walking (closed toes) shoes with non-slippery soles, a camera, hat, sunscreen, comfortable casual clothing, weatherproof shell jacket, sunglasses, water (at least 1 liter per person), lunch and snacks, backpack to carry everything
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- Walking Time 3 hours, walking distance 5 km
- This activity is not recommended for children under 7 years old