This half day boat trip takes you further south, to the Mount Athos Peninsula. A World Heritage Site and self-governed state in the Hellenic Republic, Athos is home to 20 Eastern Orthodox monasteries under the direct jurisdiction of the patriarch of Constantinople. Today Greeks commonly refer to Mount Athos as the “Holy Mountain” (in Greek Agion Oros), as it is the home of the monks. We stop at:
- Dochiariou (28 N.M. 2 Hours)
- Xenofontos (29 N.M. 2 Hours)
- Panteleimonos (Russian) (33 Ν.Μ. 2-3 Hours)
- Xiropotamou (35 Ν.Μ 3 Hours)
- Simonos Petras (44 Ν.Μ 3-4 Hours)
- Grigoriou (44,5 Ν.Μ. 3-4 Hours)
- Dionisiou (47 N.M. 4 Hours)
- Agiou Pavlou (48 N.M. 4 Hours)
- The view of Mt. Athos (2.003m)
- The majestic monasteries
- Nature at its best
- Travel Bite date and/or time might be modified or cancelled due to weather conditions and in this event the option of an alternative date or full refund will be given.
- We would recommend to bring with you good walking shoes, a camera, a hat, Backpack, T-shirt, Snorkelling equipment, Sun protection, Swimsuit
- Be aware that female are not allowed at Mount Athos not even at a distance of less than 500m.
- Rib tours are not suitable for those who are not in robust good health.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from boat sickness, fear of speed or water, non-swimmers, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 5 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a boat tour.