Date: May 12, 2016
Personal Information collected
Jourday collects personal information only to the extent necessary to deliver the services, products, or information you, or a partner or other traveler booking on your behalf, request.
Jourday, either directly or through our affiliates collects, holds, uses and discloses, only as necessary the following personal information from travelers and others in the course of offering services or providing services to you: full name, age, hotel name at destination, home address, phone number, e-mail address, medical information (where applicable), nationality, residency, review and ratings, comments you provide us, etc. The collection of this information is done to allow us to provide services to you as requested.
When you register with Jourday, we ask for basic information including your full name and email address, and Other Information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Jourday and its affiliates and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose Personal Information, including your full name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide Personal Information when purchasing one of our supplier’s products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase or facilitate your booking.
You can access and update your contact information by accessing your account via our website. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You can also close your account by accessing your account via our website. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your Personal Information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
Please also note that we may retain certain Personal Information and Other Information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements
When you book a travel bite our secure payment gateway partner will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code. We do not store credit card data elements.
When you use an application on a mobile device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use our website. Also we may collect information about your location if you have turned on the functionality of your device to send such information to the application via the privacy settings on that device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your device or photos to enhance your use of the application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you travel bites near you when you are travelling.
How is your personal information used or disclosed
Jourday uses this personal information to provide the services and/or products you have requested, or to provide you with information about those services or Jourday. This includes using personal information to:
- Register and manage your account
- Make bookings
- To provide you information you have requested related to travel bites or services
- To receive ratings and reviews related to travel bites you have used
- To customize your experience with Jourday Website
- Provide ongoing service and support, including resolution of any issues with the services or products you request
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Comply with laws, regulations, and security and anti-terrorism purposes as required by government authorities at the point of departure and/or destination
- To ensure you are correctly billed
- To enable us to publish content you submit to us
- To notify you about offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
Jourday may also use your personal information to book products and services for you or on your behalf from our third party suppliers and service providers, or other service providers or merchants for whom we act as agent. This collection of personal information can be both for our internal purposes, for example, to process your booking, and occasionally on behalf of the parties for whom we act as agent, for their internal purposes in providing the services or products you have requested. To our service providers we only provide your name (and where applicable the persons named or included in the booking on behalf of which you have made bookings) and your hotel name, if you provide it for pick-ups and drop-offs where applicable. We do not provide our service providers with any other Personal Information.
Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent.
If you do not provide the Personal Information that we request, we may not be able to deliver the services you have requested, which may mean you won’t be able to purchase or participate in travel bites. If you have paid and later refuse to provide necessary Personal Information to us which we require to deliver the service for which payment has been made, you may not be entitled to a refund for that travel bite.
If you do not agree to our use of your information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
Your content on our website
You can upload photos or videos, write review and ratings for travel bites, make comments or suggestions and other similar contributions or submissions to our website (hereinafter, “Content”).
We may use your Content in a number of different ways, displaying it on the Website, translating it into other languages, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites, mobile properties, applications, and media platforms.
Please be aware that by submitting content, you grant us a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, transferable, and irrevocable and fully sub licensable right to
- use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such content throughout the world in any media
- use the name that you submit in connection with such content.
You agree and accept to provide us the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or our rights in the content by a breach of this contract. You agree and accept that the content is non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree and accept that we may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at our discretion. Also you agree and accept that you do not due to moral rights require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the content and that you forever release us, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against us by virtue of any such moral rights. We may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your content on the Website. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
You agree and accept not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or publish through this Website:
- Content that is unlawful, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, pornographic, threatening, and invasive of privacy or publicity rights, or in general objectionable
- Content that would create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law
- Content that may infringe any intellectual or proprietary right of any party
- Content that misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including us
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party including but not limited to , surname, phone numbers, email addresses, credit card numbers
- Harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content or links to content that we reasonable believe that may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.
You are responsible for your content, assume all risks associated with your content, you have the necessary permissions to use your Content as described herein and for no reason at all you may not imply that your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by us.
You agree and accept that we take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded by you or for any loss or damage you may experience in your content. We are not liable for any statements, representations or content provided by its users.
We would like to inform you that even though we do not screen, edit or monitor any of the content posted to our website, we reserve the right, to remove, screen, translate or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on this Website at any time and for any reason and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on this Website at your sole cost and expense. We do not keep or provide to you copies of your content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Content.
A cookie is a piece of information obtaining a unique identification number that a website sends to your computer’s web browser. While you visit a particular website, a cookie may be used to track the activities of your browser as well as provide you with a consistent, more efficient experience
Cookies may be used for the following reasons:
- To assist you to speed up the booking process so you do not need to re-type the same information (like to login credentials if you checked the relevant box). Please note that member IDs, passwords, and any other account-related data included in such cookies are encrypted for security purposes.
- To evaluate (in qualitative and quantitative terms) website usage such as for example how many people visit a certain section, details of searches performed and related information.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your Personal Information. If by any means it has come to your attention an unauthorized use of your account you must notify us by email at email@example.com or here and change your password.